Thursday, June 16, 2011

Water x 8

If you know me, you know I do not drink near enough water...or any liquid for that fact. If I have come to your house for dinner and you ask me what I want to drink, I will often pass until after I have had my meal. I have gotten majorly dehydrated before and had heat exhaustion issues.

We are going on our first family vacation since we have become a family. Our last one (just Dustin and I) was September 2006. Well, I tried on a sun dress at Banana Republic (outlet of course) and it did not look pretty. I still have not gotten to my pre-Lyds weight, not to even mention my pre-AB weight. My vacation is 79 days away from today. Starting on Monday, I wrote on my closet door (mirrored) with a dry erase marker a little chart.
Current Weight
Goal Weight
Need to Lose
Days till Vacation
Each day I fill in the columns with my numbers. Its not like I am doing a strict diet. Any by no means am I starting a stenuious execrise plan. You can see in my previous entry, my plate is full with all those other dreams and ambitions. Exercise is not on my heart. Maybe if I can go a few weeks knocking out the other stuff, I could imagine it...anyways, my goal is to conscious of what I am eating, try to eat less and drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Yesterday till today, I did not lose any weight but I didn't gain. I wonder if I did not eat the 330 calorie Chocolate Sundae from McDonalds at 10pm last night, maybe I would have lost a few ounces.

Anyways, in the last 4 days, I have found the best way for me to get my 8 glasses in. My perfect glass of water is room temp, with a slice of lemon (a huge slice) and a straw. I am too cheap to buy the real lemons, so I have been exchanging the lemon slice for lemon juice.

Every morning, I make 2 bottles and 6 sippy cups of milk for LMNOP. Why not make my drink too. I set out 4 tall glasses. They measure 2 cups of water. I fill them up, squirt my lemon, and stick a straw in one of them. I leave them on the counter and drink them throughout the day.

Here is what I have found:
I do not have to keep track of how many I have had and how much more I have to go
I do not have to make a glass every time
A straw makes it go faster
I do not like things out on the counter so it motivates me to drink it quicker
If I finish it all by noon, I do not have to get up at all hours of the night to pee

I do not know the science behind why we need it, I just know everyone says we do. It helps with weight loss somehow. Oh well, I do not think it can hurt.

By the way, I bought one of the dresses that did not look so good. Monday, I started with 16.9 lbs to lose to get to pre-Lyds. Today I only have 13.3. Can I do it in 79 days by eating less and drinking more...only time will tell. Jesus, please help me have self-discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment