Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A great beginning to a life long journey

Dustin and I have always openly talked about what it means to have Jesus in your heart and she has always made comments like He can be in our hearts but she doesn't want Him in hers yet or she will tell me that Jesus is in my heart but the color green is in hers. Obviously she is young and we do not want to push it, we just continue to make it part of our conversations.

One thing that we do is pray over our children each day and one of the main things we pray is that "one day she will choose you (Jesus)".

Imagine my excitement when this Sunday, before church started, AB hollered across the sanctuary to me that Jesus was in her heart. I asked her how he got there and she said all by himself. I said, wow that is great, let's tell Poppy!

I sat back as she walked up to him. Of course he was busy setting up the sound system and making sure everything was all set for the service that was to start in 30 minutes. "Poppy, Jesus is in my heart". You could see the exact moment it registered in his brain. He dropped everything and took her behind stage. I of course made my way back there with them. He grilled her with a million questions and explained to her what it means to have Jesus in her heart. The coolest part was when she interrupted him and she explained parts of it to him. He explained that when Jesus is in her heart, he is her Lord and Savior and he protects her...she said and Poppy it also means that he is my friend.

We closed the little time with a precious prayer that she repeated. Was this real? Does this count? She is 3. Can a 3 year old really know what they are doing? Everyone will ask these questions, but you know what, who cares? What a precious precious day in our family! What a precious moment that Anna Elizabeth had. She wanted to connect with Jesus.

I will never forget Sunday, January 30th, 2011 at 10:30am. What a great beginning to a life long journey of knowing him! Congratulations Anna Beth!

No comments:

Post a Comment